Please Note: This role is a traveling Project Engineer position, so the ability to travel nationwide is a must.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides the necessary tools for a successful career in construction, have a commitment to learning and are always striving to be 1% better than the previous day, you will be a good fit for the Herd.
Who We Are:
Buffalo Construction, Inc. is a commercial construction partner with one overriding promise: to make the customer happy. We take pride in only hiring teammates who will thrive in our culture-first environment and will live and breathe our 4 core values: Celebration, Commitment, Compassion, and Continuous Improvement.
- What We Offer:
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and 401(k) with 4% Match
- Unlimited PTO
- Vehicle Allowance
- Cell Phone Allowance
- Fully Paid Travel – Lodging, Rental Vehicle, Airfare, Fuel, etc....
- Per Diem
- Laptop / iPad / Mobile Hotspot
- Continuing Education
- What you’ll do:
- Support the project team by living out BCI’s core values.
- Assist in monitoring compliance with safety plan, applicable codes, practices, performance standards & specifications through the Herd Build Cycle, Buffalo Ready & On Time (BROT), and Buffalo Clean programs.
- Support the project QA/QC process including coordination of inspections, testing reports, etc.
- Coordinate the document control and reporting process.
- Coordinate Requests for Information to/from the architect, engineer, vendor partners, owner, etc.
- Coordinate the shop drawing and submittal review process.
- Coordinate the vendor & owner change order management process.
- Prepare Safety Field Reports.
- Prepare QA/QC Field Reports.
- Maintenance of As-Builts, etc.
- Help support and coordinate scheduled construction activities.
- Coordinate/run weekly site progress meetings.
- Expedite building components and materials, in coordination with the Site Superintendent, to maintain schedule.
- Management of on-site rental equipment, trailers, dumpsters, field restrooms, etc.
- Pre-construction activities, including:
- Assist estimation team with acquisition of qualified bids.
- Assist project management team with drafting scopes of work.
- Assist project management team with preparing the project schedule.
- Assist coordination team with jobsite set-up.
- Post-construction activities, including:
- Warranty support.
- The Qualifications we are seeking:
- 0-3 years of construction experience (including internships & co-ops).
- Bachelor’s Degree (at minimum). Preferably with Construction Management/Civil Engineering Focus.
- Good organizational, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to learn.
- The ability to travel nationwide is a must.