Project Estimator - Large Site / Fuel
Buffalo Construction, Inc. is a national general contractor based out of Louisville, KY. We are looking for bold go-getters who are ready to take charge. This job's task volume is high, and so are the rewards. If you're a self starter who can complete independent cost estimation, bid submission, and project management support for commercial construction projects, we want to talk.
Project Estimators independently and actively take charge of bidding on project sites nationally from start to finish. Project Estimators keep projects running on time, fully establish and keep track of budgets, as well as present those numbers to the Herd to actively Build Better!
Bidding Process: Pre-Bid to Completion
- Understand complete bid instructions
- Bonding Requirements
- Tax Requirements
- Bid duration
- Construction duration and post turn responsibility
- Construction start dateUnderstand owner’s bid form
- Determine the required sub trades needed for a reasonably qualified estimate
- Attend, coordinate, and provide feedback for pre-bid meetings and/or conference calls
- Setup subcontractor invitation to bids/requests for pricing
- Setup project and blueprints on construction portal
- Preliminary review of the assigned plans
- Maintain a tracking list of targeted subs using a reproducible format
- Pursue the required sub trades
- Bid instructions and full communication for subcontractors
- Subcontractor Resources – You will be encouraged to bid a job anywhere in the country where we do not have previous bid coverage or traveling subs
- Requests for Information
- RFI’s are required and expected for all work. New concepts and irregular designs should be questioned early and reported back to subcontractors as applicable.
- Qualify bids received
- Schedule meetings to communicate directly to the project team
- Vital communication made to establish completion of bids
Project Commitments and Cost Controls
- Project Commitments which include but are not limited to:
- Purchase Orders
- Project Change Orders
- Construction Cost to Complete
- The project engineer will attend monthly CTC meetings for respective projects. Knowledge of the project buyout status, job to date costs, and understanding of owner/sub change orders will be required.
We also expect you to be able to:
- Communicate clearly.
- Solve basic math problems.
- Reason effectively.
- Use a computer to send correspondence and create reports.
- Be proficient in Excel/Word/.pdf
- Have fun. Seriously. We have a lot of fun.
· 5 years Construction preferred
· Proficient in Excel/Word/PDF
· Some travel
· Must work out of our Louisville, KY Support Center
An ideal candidate will be able to check every box on this list with confidence and take on any other responsibilities we assign. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. If you fit this description and you believe in getting the job done right no matter what it takes, we want to hear from you.
Buffalo Construction, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Fill Out Our Quick Employment ApplicationApply Today